So, lets see how many of these fit me…
- Being male, yep
- Family history of gout, not so much
- Obesity, yep
- Moderate, regular, or heavy consumption of alcohol, especially beer. Wow one that doesn’t apply.
- A diet rich in meat and seafood, which can be high in purines, yep
- Use of medicines that remove salt and water from the body (diuretics), yep
- Regular use of aspirin (more than 1 or 2 aspirin tablets a day), yep
- Frequent episodes of dehydration, yep
- Acute illness or infection, yep
- Lead exposure (may occur through work, diet, or hobbies), yep,. ooops
- Very low-calorie diets, yep
- Injury to a joint, yep
Looks like I’m screwed….